Friday, July 21, 2006

Eyman may not have enough signatures to get on the ballot:

Today's Seattle P-I is reporting that Tim Eyman may not have enough signatures to get I-917 on the ballot.

This is good news. I-917 (PDF) would gut our transit systems, kill freight mobility projects that are necessary to our state's economic health, and probably result in putting more of the cost of roads on citizens like me who don't drive on them. Granted, I'm not against paying for our infrastructure - I certainly benefit from it - but we don't have a level playing field when we're so heavily subsidizing highways, so we don't see the alternatives that are so readily available in other cities and countries.

1 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Ben Schiendelman said...

I doubt it's false information - all those numbers are public record.

I've got a CD from WSDOT outlining all the projects necessary for improved Cascades service now. I'm making time soon to work on the Wikipedia article based on that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home